- Make FIVE Paracord Lanyards = one community service hour.
- Knit or crochet one Scarf / Hat / Amigurumi = three community service hours.
- Sew two Cool Ties = one community service hour.
- Sew three Drawstring Bags one community service hour.
- Sew four Fleece Hats = one community service hour.
- Sew two Fleece Scarves = one community service hour.
- Sew three Fleece Gaiters = one community service hour.
Please note: Purchased items, bandanas, handmade cards, and letter writing do not qualify for Community Service.
We do not provide community service hours for letter writing/drawings or handmade blank greeting cards. You will receive a thank you letter of acknowledgement for your donation.
You can only earn community service credit once your items have been received at our facility.
- Please be sure to fill out the online Donor Form and follow the instructions that will be emailed to you, upon completion.
- Please add the following in your package:
- A self-addressed stamped envelope
- A note requesting Community Service Credit (or school form)—If you are sending items in the same box for multiple participants, please include a note that lists each participant’s name and how many of the items were made/donated by each person. Be sure to include a community service form for each participant.
- If your school requires online verification, please use the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your items, we will be able to complete your online request.
Please understand that our normal turnaround time for community service forms can be 2–4 weeks due to transit time. Turnaround time during November and December can be delayed by 4–6 weeks due to the large volume of inbound donations.
Attn: Community Service Program
19748 Dearborn St
Chatsworth, CA 91311