Support Operation Gratitude with a Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA. With your help, Operation Gratitude can create opportunities to give back during these challenging times.
WHAT IS A QUALIFIED CHARITABLE DISTRIBUTION (QCD)?
A qualified charitable distribution, or “IRA Charitable Rollover Gift” is money that can be transferred directly from your IRA to a 501(c)(3) non-profit like Operation Gratitude. Donors can give up to $100,000 a year from their IRAs as a QCD while simultaneously reducing their taxable income.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO MAKE A QCD?
Anyone above the age of 70 ½ can make a QCD. Once an IRA holder reaches the age of 72, they are required by law to make an annual withdrawal from their assets, which is known as a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD). Individuals who elect to donate this money via a QCD are able to support causes that they believe in while at the same time taking advantage of an income tax deduction.
HOW CAN I MAKE A QCD TO OPERATION GRATITUDE?
- Connect with your IRA custodian to inform them of your intent – your IRA custodian will need to process the QCD and send it directly to Operation Gratitude.
- Send an email to email@example.com to inform us of your intent to support Operation Gratitude (many retirement providers do not provide donor information to the nonprofit recipient).
- Please use our legal name and federal tax ID:
Legal name: Operation Gratitude, Inc.
Legal address: PO Box 260257, Encino, CA 91426-2457
Federal tax ID number: 20-0103575
ALREADY SUPPORTED OPERATION GRATITUDE THROUGH A QCD?
Have you already chosen to support Operation Gratitude through a QCD this year? We’d love to hear from you to allow us to thank you for your gift!
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Stock donations are an amazing opportunity for donors to make a larger contribution to their organization of choice while avoiding the capital gains tax. Gifts of appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares can be a tax-advantaged way to provide immediate support for non-profit organizations that you care about.
By giving appreciated securities that you’ve held for more than a year, you receive a double tax benefit, in addition to honoring the service of our military and first responders:
- There is no obligation to pay capital gains taxes on the appreciation.
- The total value of the stock upon transfer is tax-deductible.
- You may carry forward any unclaimed portion of the deduction for up to five additional years, subject to the annual limit.
We welcome donations of stock through our Fidelity Investments brokerage account.
Firm Name: Fidelity Investments
Account Name: Operation Gratitude
Account Number: Z47-933996
DTC Number: 0226
Upon your verification of transfer, please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- The name, mailing address, email address, and phone number of the donor;
- The name, symbol, and number of shares of the stock transferred; and
- The actual date of transfer.
We will determine valuation based on an average of the high and low of the stock on the date of transfer, and send a formal letter of acknowledgment to the donor. If you transfer stock before December 31, you can claim the tax deduction on that year’s tax return.
Our team is happy to connect with you to explore the different options and answer any questions you might have. We invite you to reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org to start the conversation, without obligation.