OPERATION GRATITUDE ASSEMBLY DAY
Join hundreds of volunteers and visitors aboard the USS Midway to assemble 15,000 Care Pouches for new Recruit Graduates at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, National Guardsmen, and First Responders as we come together to Make Every Minute Count and forge strong bonds in the San Diego community.
SAN DIEGO, CA
Join over 4,000 volunteers aboard the USS Midway to assemble 15,000 Care Pouches for new Recruit Graduates at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, National Guardsmen, and First Responders as we come together to Make Every Minute Count and Forge Strong Bonds in the San Diego community.
Sunday, May 26
10:00AM – 4:00PM
USS Midway Museum
910 N. Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
Join Our Movement. #MakeEveryMinuteCount #ForgeStrongBonds #LEGACYWEEK2019
To ensure your own safety and enjoyment
please read and follow these rules:
Each volunteer must purchase general admission tickets to the Midway Museum to participate in the Operation Gratitude Assembly Day, which will take place on the Flight Deck. All participants must follow the USS Midway Museum’s admission rules.
CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES
- Wear closed-toe shoes; no sandals or flip-flops allowed.
- Wear comfortable but respectful clothing (No “short-shorts” or revealing tops); avoid political statements on clothing.
- Lock purse or other valuables in your car.
- Please leave large bags, backpacks, or briefcases at home.
- Cell phones are permitted, but we ask that you not make calls while volunteering. You are welcome to take pictures for personal or social media use.
Our volunteer leaders will be wearing Operation Gratitude Blue Shirts. They are there to help you have a great event, so please be sure to follow their instructions.
Limited parking is available on Navy Pier. Parking is generally between $10-$20 and is subject to change. Due to limited nearby parking and the high traffic of Memorial Day Weekend, we highly recommend carpooling and using public transportation when able. For more information on parking please click here