OPERATION GRATITUDE ASSEMBLY DAY
New York City, New York
Join Operation Gratitude as we assemble thousands of Care Packages with the help of grateful citizens from New York City and surrounding communities. In the days leading to 9.11.2019, the packages will be delivered to our nation’s Deployed Service Members and local First Responders in honor of their service.
NEW YORK CITY, NY
On Thursday, September 5, 2019, Operation Gratitude will bring together hundreds of volunteers from the New York City area to assemble thousands of our signature Care Packages.
The event is part of Operation Gratitude’s grassroots movement to forge strong bonds between grateful Americans and their Military and First Responder heroes through volunteer service projects, acts of gratitude, and meaningful engagements in communities nationwide.
Each individual must register in advance to attend the event. Volunteers age 13 and older are welcome.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2019
10:00am – 4:00pm
JetBlue Airplane Hanger 81
South Cargo Road, JFK Airport
Jamaica, NY 11430
Join Our Movement. #MakeEveryMinuteCount #ForgeStrongBonds
To ensure your own safety and enjoyment please read and follow these rules:
Each volunteer must register online IN ADVANCE of the event. Registrations are non-transferable and walk-up volunteers will not be admitted.
SIGN IN AND RELEASE FORM
All volunteers must sign a Release Form (parents/guardians must sign for minors under 18). Children ages 13 and older are welcome to serve; those ages 13 – 17 must have a responsible adult with them on the premises at all times.
- All volunteers must fill out a release form, which is included on the registration form. Volunteers can accept the release form digitally on the registration form.
- All volunteers must present a government or school issued I.D. with photo when requested.
CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES
- Wear closed-toe shoes; no sandals or flip-flops allowed.
- Wear comfortable but respectful clothing (no “short-shorts” or revealing tops); avoid political statements on clothing.
- Lock purse or other valuables in your car.
- Please leave large bags, backpacks, or briefcases at home.
- Cell phones are permitted, but we ask that you not make calls while volunteering. You are welcome to take pictures for personal or social media use.
Our volunteer leaders will be wearing red t-shirts. They are there to help you have a great event, be sure to follow their instructions.
Free parking is available in public lots near the JetBlue Hanger. Parking directions will be sent via email once registration is complete.