Clear Your Stash Challenge!!!
Beginning September 2nd, we challenge all you knitters and crocheters to make as many hats and scarves as your needles or hooks can stitch. You can use ANY color, ANY stitch, and ANY pattern you want to make them.
The Challenge opens September 2, 2021 at 12:01 am PST and ends September 30, 2021 at 11:59 pm PST.
HOW TO ENTER
- Register for the Challenge.
- Read Official Rules.
- Clear your stash!
- Make as many Scarves and hats as you can using size 4 worsted weight yarn (no bulky yarn). Scarves must be between 4” -6” wide and 48”-50” long. Please do not put a pom-pom on hats.
- Complete a Donation Form and send it with all completed hats and scarves to Operation Gratitude postmarked no later than October 5, 2021.
- Premade or purchased hats and scarves are not eligible for the challenge.
Prizes will be awarded to the 10 entrants who create and submit the most handmade hats and scarves during the competition period. Prizes include, but are not limited to (see official rules for details):
- The top 3 winners will receive an Operation Gratitude t-shirt
- A picture of the winner will be placed on our Volunteer “Wall of Fame”
- A letter explaining the challenge will be included in Care Packages delivered to Deployed Troops
- Entrant’s photo, name, and number of submitted hats/scarves featured on Operation Gratitude’s Social Media platforms
When does the challenge start and end?
The Challenge opens September 2, 2021, at 12:01 am PST and ends September 30, 2021, at 11:59 pm PST
Can I earn community service hours for this competition?
You can earn 3 hours of community service for every scarf or hat made.
How do I make a scarf or hat?
There is no specific pattern so feel free to use your own stitch or pattern that you enjoy making or you are welcome to use one of the patterns provided in the link below. We recommend that you keep your design simple and perhaps use slightly larger needles or hook so more items can be made from the same amount of yarn. Your scarves need to measure no wider than 4” – 6” and be no longer than 48” to 50”. Hats must not have a pom-pom. See our tips for success here.
What type of yarn should I use?
Size 4 worsted weight yarn (DK, Aran) in any color.
Do you have Official Rules?
Yes, read them here.
What is your shipping address?
Attn: Clear Your Stash Challenge
9409 Owensmouth Ave
Chatsworth, CA 91311