Thank a Vietnam Veteran
As part of our year-long #OG2020Challenge, we are calling on grateful Americans to take action with us on National Vietnam War Veterans Day, March 29, 2020.
In a tangible way, Operation Gratitude will honor thousands of these brave Veterans who sacrificed so much in service to our nation. In recent years, Americans have united to say “thank you” to this forgotten generation of heroes, but we can do more — and with your help, we WILL DO more to express gratitude to them and their families.
From March 17-29, 2020, we challenge our amazing volunteers across the nation to make paracord bracelets for Vietnam Veterans and mail them to Operation Gratitude. We will then deliver these expressions of gratitude to the men and women who served bravely in Vietnam. There are approximately 850,000 Vietnam Veterans in the United States, and we are on a mission to thank every single one of them.
HOW TO ENTER
- Register for the Paracord Competition.
- Read Official Rules.
- Purchase Vietnam era (yellow, red, and green) 550 paracord.
- Build as many Vietnam era paracord bracelets as you can between March 17-29, 2020. Click here for information on making bracelets, training videos and FAQ.
- Complete a Donation Form and send it with all completed bracelets to Operation Gratitude postmarked no later than April 4, 2020.
- Premade, purchased bracelets are not eligible for the challenge.
- Purchase the paracord from our eBay page.
The post office usually takes two business days to deliver the supplies to your doorstep. Each kit contains enough cord to make 5 bracelets, and the cord is already cut and sealed.
- Purchase Vietnam era paracord from a local Army/Navy Surplus store.
- Purchase paracord online.
Google “Vietnam 550 Paracord”, and a long list of companies will appear.
Prizes will be awarded to the 10 entrants who create and submit the most handmade paracord bracelets during the competition period. Prizes include, but are not limited to (see official rules for details):
- Operation Gratitude t-shirt
- Your picture will be placed on our Volunteer “Wall of Fame”
- A letter explaining the challenge will be included in Care Packages delivered to Deployed Troops
- Entrant’s photo, name and number of submitted bracelets featured on Operation Gratitude’s Social Media platforms
When does the compettion start and end?
March 17, 2020 through March 29, 2020
Can I earn community service hours for this competition?
Yes, you can earn one hour of CSC for every five Paracord Bracelets made. See details here.
Do you have Official Rules?
Yes, read them here.
What color paracord should I use?
For this challenge, please use the yellow, red, and green paracord as seen in these photos. You can purchase the Vietnam Veteran cord in our Ebay store. To purchase other paracord please visit our Ebay store.
What is your shipping address?
Attn: Vietnam Veteran Paracord Competition
9409 Owensmouth Ave
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Social Distancing & Shipping
During this time of social distancing, you don't need to leave your home to mail your handmade items! Please use this guide to order boxes, print postage, and have your box picked up by the post office.