Red, White, and Blue
In a tangible way, Operation Gratitude will honor thousands of brave men and women who are currently deployed and sacrifice so much in service to our nation.
From July 3-24, 2020, we challenge our amazing volunteers across the nation to make RED, WHITE, AND BLUE paracord bracelets for Deployed Troops and mail them to Operation Gratitude. We will include these expressions of gratitude in the individually addressed Care Packages we send to service members in more than 50 countries and on U.S. Naval vessels on all seven seas.
HOW TO ENTER
- Register for the Paracord Challenge.
- Read Official Rules.
- Purchase Red, White & Blue 550 paracord.
- Build as many red, white, & blue paracord bracelets as you can between July 3-24, 2020. Click here for information on making bracelets, training videos and FAQ.
- Complete a Donation Form and send it with all completed bracelets to Operation Gratitude postmarked no later than July 29, 2020.
- Pre-made, purchased bracelets are not eligible for the challenge.
- Purchase the paracord from our eBay page.
The post office usually takes two business days to deliver the supplies to your doorstep. Each kit contains enough cord to make 5 bracelets, and the cord is already cut and sealed.
- Purchase paracord from a local Army/Navy Surplus store.
- Purchase paracord online.
Google “550 Paracord”, and a long list of companies will appear.
Prizes will be awarded to the 10 entrants who create and submit the most handmade paracord bracelets during the competition period. Prizes include, but are not limited to (see official rules for details):
- Operation Gratitude t-shirt
- Your picture will be placed on our Volunteer “Wall of Fame”
- A letter explaining the challenge will be included in Care Packages delivered to Deployed Troops
- Entrant’s photo, name and number of submitted bracelets featured on Operation Gratitude’s Social Media platforms
When does the competition start and end?
The Challenge opens July 3rd, 2020 at 12:01 am PST and ends July 24th, 2020 at 11:59 pm PST.
Can I earn community service hours for this competition?
Yes, you can earn one hour of CSC for every five Paracord Bracelets made. See details here.
Do you have Official Rules?
Yes, read them here.
What color and size paracord should I use?
Bracelets must be red white and blue, or solid red, or solid blue in color, be made of 550 paracord, be no shorter than 7” and no longer than 8 1/2″ when completed. Each bracelet must contain no less than 7 ½ feet of continuous paracord.
What is your shipping address?
Attn: Red White & Blue Paracord Challenge
9409 Owensmouth Ave
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Social Distancing & Shipping
During this time of social distancing, you don't need to leave your home to mail your handmade items! Please use this guide to order boxes, print postage, and have your box picked up by the post office.