FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What supplies do I need to prepare for the 12 Days of Gratitude?
- RED Operation Gratitude T-Shirt – Purchase here
- Paracord for making bracelets
- Paracord making Toolkit
- Cards and/or paper for letter writing
- Printable coloring pages for letter writing with children
- Letter Writing Toolkit
- Yarn along with knitting needles and/or crochet hooks for hats and scarves
- Fleece for making Handmade with Love hats
- Collection Drive Toolkit
- Suggested: Flat Rate Box from USPS
Where can I purchase 550 Paracord?
We recommend the following to purchase 550 Paracord:
*Don’t forget to shop at AmazonSmile and set Operation Gratitude as your charity of choice to make an even bigger impact!
What color 550 Paracord should I use?
We recommend using military-themed colors such as black, dark blue, dark green, red, multicam, etc. Please avoid making bracelets in bright or neon colors.
How do I make a Paracord Bracelet?
Find tips, tricks, and video tutorials to build paracord bracelets at the link below.
How can I share about 12 Days?
We have Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posts written and ready for you to share! Please check out our Social Media Toolkit and share share share!
What do I write in a letter?
Download the Letter Writing guides below. They include best practices for writing letters as well as ideas for what to write!
How do I make a scarf or a hat?
From patterns, yarn size, and colors… all you need to know about making a handmade scarf or hat can be found at the link below.
What do I need for the Crochet and Amigurumi virtual class?
- A skein of worsted weight yarn. We recommend this yarn.
- A crochet hook to match the weight of the yarn (see the yarn package for details)
I’m ready to ship… now what?
Everying you need to know about shipping your 12 Days of Gratitude goodies to us can be found in our shipping guide.