Supporting the Troops while you SHOP!
posted on Aug 25 2011 1 Comment
From groceries to gifts, shopping is something we all do! Every now and then, we want to remind those of you who already support the troops and our patriotic cause that many of your purchases can benefit Operation Gratitude! Here are ideas worth checking out and sharing with your family and friends:
- Cards for Causes: Buying holiday greeting cards? Graduation announcements? Business cards? Calendars? Cards for Causes offers customers the option to designate 20% of the revenue generated by an order to charity — a charity like Operation Gratitude!
- Ralph’s Rewards Card: Starting September 1, 2011, everyone who is enrolled in the Ralphs Community Contribution Program to support Operation Gratitude will be required to register or re-register for the new term at http://www.Ralphs.com or by using the scanbar letter at the register. If you received a scanbar letter last year, it is still good and can be used this year. Even if you registered as recently as June or July 2011, you will be required to register again, on or after September 1, 2011. (This notice does not apply to participants of the Food 4 Less/Foods Co Community Rewards program.)
- ReadGive: Combine your passion for reading with your passion to support deployed Service Members! Choose your favorite magazines and with every subscription and/or renewal you order, 40% will go directly back to Operation Gratitude!
- ArtfulVision.com: Your purchase of beautiful, handcrafted gifts from this online gallery supports our worthy cause! Excellent quality, reasonably priced and created in the U.S.A. Click on the shop section to view the entire gallery — search by artist or by category. Choose Operation Gratitude prior to checkout and we’ll receive 20% of the purchase price.
- Kabloom Flowers: For yourself or to give as a gift, Kabloom sells beautiful flowers for any occasion and donates 15% of the proceeds from selected bouquets to support Operation Gratitude.
- Altruette Charms: Care packages brings smiles to the troops who receive them — and wearing this precious teddy bear in a care package charm (available in gold or silver) will help remind you of those serving our country so far from home! An added bonus is 50% of the net profits is donated back to help send more care packages and bring more smiles!
- The Tiny Soldier: Adorable patriotic kids’ clothing that helps support the troops! T-shirts, onesies, bibs, caps and more — find more than 30 different designs, including every branch of the service in male and female versions, plus yellow ribbons and other images. Military ID “dog tags” are available, too! 5% of every purchase is donated to Operation Gratitude.
- Salute the Brave: “Be a Hero for a Hero” — for every hat purchased, Salute the Brave will donate one for our care packages! Founder Ryan Morris says, “When you wear one of our products people will know you have helped out the troops.”
- HeroBracelets.org: “Take a Hero into your heart…Wear one on your wrist.” Several styles of these bracelets and military dog tags to choose from — and $2 from each purchase is donated to Operation Gratitude.
- Stick With Our Troops: Check out these high-quality, durable magnets with a glossy finish made for indoor/outdoor use, specifically for use on vehicles — and show your patriotic pride! A portion of every purchase from this Milwaukee-based company goes to support Operation Gratitude.
- CafePress: Did you know you can buy all sorts of different products featuring the Operation Gratitude logo? Not only does every purchase help send another care package to the troops, wearing/using these items advertises our charity and gets the word out about what we do! What could be better than that?
- Grateful Nation Party Supplies: When your deployed loved one returns home, how will you celebrate? Check out these “Welcome Home” party supplies (see below)! They’re made in the U.S.A. and a portion of the proceeds from each purchase is donated back to Operation Gratitude!
We are grateful to these vendors for their generosity — we could not do what we do without their help! To them, and to all who support the troops, we say, “THANK YOU!”